Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Christmas Cookies

December 16, 2008

Today I was the lucky one and got to tend my grandkids for the day! I love the fact that they are so close I get to tend.



While Talmage was at school and Sawyer was napping, Laine and I decided to make sugar cookies for Santa and her Daddy, and anyone else that happens to drop by (hint, hint). Things were going along great until the bowl on my Bosch mixer fell apart!! I can't believe it would break the week before Christmas, it's only about 20+ years old!! But we continued....doing it the old fashioned way...by hand! Laine is really alot of help!

Laine rolled and cut out lots of cookies, especially little gingerbread boys and girls! They will be really fun to frost!?


Sawyer loved being able to help too! and he is really alot of help!:)


Marie and Talmage came after Talmage got home from school, so now it's his turn to create. He seems to like the gingerbread boy, especially the small one! (might have to hide the little cookie cutters before next time?)


Now, for the fun part!! Frosting and sprinkles and decorating...we had LOTS of fun with LOTS of sprinkles...and lots of taste testing!


Look at our finished cookies!! You are all invited for cookies.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!


12 comments:

teona ann said...

they look delicious! be sure to save me some otherwise we will have to do it again when I come home! looks like you had a good time - sorry about your bosch.

teona ann said...

now I have George Strait singing in my head... "sure do like those christmas cookies,sugar..."
"...the ones that look like santa claus, christmas trees and bells and balls, sure do like those christmas cookies babe..."

marie said...

Grandma thanks for making cookies with us!

jjjjjjkkkkkkkiiiiiioooooommmmmmmmhhhhhhhhhhhggggggggfffffftttttyyyyuuuuuuuuuuuuoooooppppppuuuuuuubbbbbnnnnjjjjjj,,,,,jjjjjjkkkkkkkkiiiiiiiiuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuggggggcccccgggggnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnlllllllluuuuiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiihhhhhhgggggggfffffffffyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyfffffffddddddddddddddttttttttttttuuuuuuuulllllllllllllllllklllllmmmmmnnnnnnbbbb Love, Laine Bug

Kristen said...

How fun! What a fun grandma you are! Sorry about your bowl,I hope my bosch lasts that long. Have fun with your grandkids, were excited to see grandparents this Xmas season!!!

Kandice said...

So cute! I love decorating sugar cookies.

Lynn & Laurie said...

Can I come to your house?

Chris and Lindsey said...

I miss having Christmas in Wayne County with sugar cookies or not. Hopefully we can again sometime. I thought those Bosch machine were bulletproof. But I'm sure it has seen many miles and made tons of good food!

Doug and Carol Ann said...

Hi Teona, You're making me jealous, I hope you know!! Just one more year and I'll be at it again!! Don't you just love being a grandma and having those little darlings close by. What a blessing. We've enjoyed keeping up on your goings and comings when we have some spare time. Helps to pass some of our evenings, since we can't go ANYWHERE. We're enjoying our time here though. Love you dear friend, and Merry Christmas. Carol A.

Greg and Lisa said...

I am really good at taking hints and I will be there in a few days:)
I feel bad about your bosch - the more I use mine, the fonder I get of it. You have some super cute little grandkids! You are a good gma, they are lucky to have you!
Love ya and see ya soon! Lis

Julie said...

Teona,
What darling little grandkids!! They are sure to have some fond memories of their sweet little grandma! Grandparents are just the best. Hope you all had a Merry Christmas!
Love, Julie

Dennis and Maridee said...

Teona, Lisa must have made all the comments from my computer. I am just now getting around to looking at your blog. The best times in the world are those precious moments with the grandkids and family. Hope our grandkids will always remember how much fun we had with them.(I am afraid as I get older my mind might play tricks.) I do know that we both love our grandkids more than ever. We are looking forward to some card playing this next month. Isn't January "Our Month?" Love ya, maridee

Tanya said...

looks like fun and those cookies really sound good right now.
Tanya