Sunday, September 14, 2008

State Fair

Friday, Sept 12

Richard and Dennis had to work the fish pond (real live fish) for the DWR so they invited their wives to spend the day with them at the State Fair. We had a great time, we always do, we just don't spend enough time with our best friends. We strolled around the fair for a couple of hours before the guys had to man their pond. Maridee and I then spent more time wandering around and enjoying the sights. I haven't been to the State Fair for lots of years, probably since Ryan's bug collection was in the 4-H display! Maridee had never been so it was great.










Teona Ann joined us after she got off work. Yeh! We did some "fair" shopping, there are always bags to look at! After the guys were through with their fish pond we treated ourselves to some traditional fair food. Teona Ann introduced us to "funnel cake"!! Yummy! We had a great time, but we are getting to old to stay in the city until 9:00 pm and then drive home.











7 comments:

Unknown said...

Boy that sure looks like a good corn dog!! I'm glad you had a fun weekend to bad Monday comes so soon. See you Wednesday. Lee

marie said...

Looks like you had a good time. Once every ten years or so is about right for visiting the fair:)

jon and whit said...

FUN!! i've always wanted to go to the state fair but i've never been!!! looks like i've really been missing out! can't wait to see you guys this weekend!!

teona ann said...

thanks for inviting me to hang out with you at the fair! it was lots of fun. can't wait to play again this weekend! love you both!

Mother Lori said...

Looks like lots of fun.........I have fond memories of going to the State Fair when I was growing up. I bet Richard and Dennis had a great time as well doing their part for the division.

Laurie

Greg and Lisa said...

I love reading your blog. I can't believe that me and Greg were just up there a year ago doing just about the same thing. I have to agree with Marie, it's a one every ten years thing for me too. But, with that kind of company (you, Richard, my folks and Teona Ann) I could actually handle a few more times.
Love ya! Lis

Kristen said...

Fun seeing pictures of everyone. Your blog is really cute. Maridee needs to start one.
Love the Hiskey's